Finally!

You have no idea how many posts I've posted in my head in the last few weeks.  Unfortunately, none of them made it onto here.  I thought I'd share a few pictures of the kids' hard work.  They, David especially, have a ginormous affection for anything Lego.  It doesn't matter that they already have piles of legos that they play with nearly every day.  The quest for more is always present.  If you've shopped for anything made by Lego in the past 10 years, you'll know that everything they sell is ridiculously overpriced.  The kids know that, but it doesn't stop them from still wanting them.  They also know that there is no way I am paying a pile of money for yet more Legos to enter our house.  So about a year ago, they highly coveted a lego set that was way out of the price range of anyone I know, so they decided to pool their money together and start saving for it together.  Every bit of birthday money, money the received from chores, odd jobs, pop can recycling from cans they collected alongside the roads - a large portion of all of it went directly into the Lego fund bank they set up.  They counted it often and dreamed of the day when they would have enough.  Finally, that day arrived last month.  The money was paid, the set was ordered, and the longest three days of their life ensued.  At last, it arrived!
They worked hard at including Abby in the putting together process.  All took happy ownership in the building and playing.
The finished product!
Many happy battles have happened since its arrival.  The good guys always defeat the pirates. 

How about you?  What's the biggest thing you ever purchased as a kid with your own money? The first thing I remember buying that was big, was a stereo system with money from my paper route.  It was so cool because it had a record player AND two cassette decks on the same system!  Yeah, I guess that makes me old.  I felt so cool listening to my parents music in my own room. 

Check back tomorrow to see another dream of longing fulfilled!

Comments

  1. Thats a perfect way to bring a family together! They did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...now I want a Lego set. That is pretty cool. Actually I never made any money growing up. So I could not save for anything. I never received a lot during the year except Hardcover books that were a $1 and my mom would give me the choice of candy or a book. Believe it or not Melissa I opted for the books over candy ! Now Birthdays and Christmas was almost stupid...I got way too many gifts then. I think the first thing I ever paid for by saving my lunch money and not eating was for Bible Camp.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look