Boarders

My neighbor's home is a haven for stray cats.  I tell her that there must be some hobo stray cat sign on her doorpost letting other cats know that this is a place where they will be loved and cared for.  Two strays recently showed up on her door step.  Since they haven't had their shots yet, she is keeping them separate from her other cats.  She is gone for the week and asked if I could take care of them while she is gone.  One is this one - a pregnant mama cat.  She's in her cage right now since we don't know when she will have her kittens and I don't want a surprise somewhere in my house.  The kids are hoping she has her kittens while she is here.  We do let her out of her cage so she can move around freely - just not at night.  She doesn't have a name, but while she is here, we're calling her Pauline.
Boarder #2 is another stray that looks almost like Joey did, except this one has a white face.  We named him Lester.
I'm still not used to seeing cats in my house again.  I had quickly gotten used to not having them in my house so I'm surprised when one walks by.  The kids are already asking if we can keep any of them, or at least a kitten.  I told them that I'm not answering that question yet.  Aaron was surprisingly okay with their arrival - probably because he knows they will be going home in a week! 

Comments

  1. Pauline is very pretty. Maybe she will have lovely kittens and you will want to keep them all !!!! :) I hope they are born while they are at your house. Remember how exciting that was for you when you were growing up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA. I just love that there are cats at your house again. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look