Welcome back!

It's been almost two years since I last posted anything and it's high time I start back up again. I really enjoy writing and this is a simple way to keep in touch with family and friends near and far while giving me a creative outlet. My goal is to get back into the habit of posting once a week and if you'd like to follow along, feel free to subscribe by email up at the top of the page.

For the past two years, I've been on a journey of leaning into my personal growth and not letting my fears get in the way of living life the way I truly want to live it. It's super easy to get comfortable and settle in with the flow, never stepping out because it takes too much work and it feels too scary to do the things I'd really like to do and live my life the way I'd really like to live it.

That all began to change two years ago when I realized that I had gotten quite comfy in saying no to myself. You can read about that journey (I actually wrote about it!) here. The journey has continued since then and I've had a number of other adventures that I haven't written about. Perhaps I'll write about my adventures with my dear fellow adventure friend Jamie sometime as we kayaked two days to the Mississippi River (twice) and attempted a two day 52 mile hike carrying everything we needed (we didn't make it the whole way). We love our summer adventures together.

This past summer on the way home from our 70+ mile kayaking trip, Jamie and I began to talk about what we would do this coming year for our annual adventure.  This coming year, I will be turning 40 and we decided that it would be really fun to do 40 Small Adventures in honor of turning 40. Some will be easy to do, others will be more difficult. But all will push me to do things that I have been saying no to for various reasons - fear of failure, time management, lack of confidence, etc. We may not succeed in all of our attempts, as that is the way life goes. You don't always have things go the way you want them to go, but I will surely give it my best in the process and look for the joy along the way.

Our list of 40 Things is not complete. But as I attempt each one, I will post it here. Thing #1 for me is to get back in to blogging. So here I am! Check. By the way, if you have ideas of things to do for my 40 Small Adventures this year, let me know! I'm open to most ideas. :)

And since no blog is complete (or fun) without pictures, here are a few from some of my summer adventures.

I had the honor of attending the wedding of my high school friend/college roommate this fall in Martha's Vineyard. I flew out for a very fast and very enjoyable weekend. Here we are at the reception location on the beach. I know - such a horrid place to be...
Here is fellow adventure buddy Jamie and me on our attempted hike. I think this was taken on our second day.  
When walking past civilization, one must engage the local culture. Ice cream! 
This is how we felt much of the time. 
Our happy kayaking trip. I think this one may have actually been our first trip last year where we did only 54ish river miles. We added another 20 on this year. I don't think we'll do that much in two days again. But it was still really fun. 
Back to the beach on Martha's Vineyard. At this point, I was finishing up my amazing lobster dinner. I could eat that everyday. On the beach. 
Lunch time on the Black Dog Schooner during the wedding festivities. It was a treat to experience so many new things in one action packed weekend! 
Thanks for reading and I look forward to sharing my Adventures with you.
Tell me:
What new thing have you tried lately and how did it go?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look