A Girl And Her Dog

I've mentioned before how much Keilah is attached to her stuffed dog. Only Dog can bring about the comfort necessary when tired and sad. Mom brings a measure of comfort, but nothing can compare to the love of Dog. Chewing on his ears are the preferred method of self-comfort. However, this behavior causes Dog to stink and get crispy ears. Dog takes a weekly bath in the washing machine. Unfortunately, sometimes Dog's bath overlaps with tired and cranky times. When this calamity occurs, nothing but Dog will bring comfort. Not even her favorite big brother.
Nor the promise of helping David with school work - which is usually a happy occasion. 
Keilah also owns an elephant. But having Elephant near her in her times of distress is an affront to decency. At night time when Dog gets lost in the vast confines of her crib and she's crying out for him, she throws Elephant away from her as I mistakenly think he will be a fine substitute in the darkness.
Notice she won't even let her hands touch Elephant. 
When Dog is finally released from his prison of cleanliness, there is much joy in their reunion. Dog is immediately grasped and pulled in close for a tight happy hug. 
His ears go immediately into her mouth, thus renewing the stinky cycle where he will need a bath in only a few more slobbery days. 
May we never lose him.
And on a completely unrelated note, Keilah got her first pair of shoes this week. Now that winter is approaching and she will be walking in the next while, a pair was shoes was deemed necessary. Abby is very excited about these shoes because: 1) They are sparkly. 2) They are pink. 3) They match her own shoes.
Abby's shoes don't look so new and sparkly anymore, but these shoes still made Abby very happy. Keilah didn't seem to care very much about them. But they make me smile. 
Have a great day!
Question for you: Did you have any special love in your younger days or do your kids? Share!

Comments

  1. Therin's is binky bunny. We've had 3 so far (same bunny, just bought new when others were lost). It will be devastating if this one ever gets lost because he has been deemed the "real" bunny and no other bunny (soft bunny is the newest one and is unworthy of his attention) comes close. I can always tell when Therin's tired because he rubs his face and eyes with bunny and refuses to be parted from him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had an eiderdown quilt that I slept with every night. When I was in third grade, my mom threw it away while I was at school on trash day. There was no chance to get it back. I was crushed and very very angry with her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a stuffed monkey named Zippy...that became quite tattered. It is so amazing to see Keilah cry...she usually smiles so so so much. I did not realize when I bought doggy for her that I was creating a "Monster" problem...Perhaps I should have bought two at the same time !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a powder puff - for those of you no old enough to remember them, puffs were a round, fuzzy thing that one dipped into one's round powder box then fluffed the puff over the desired places one wanted to powder - but no powder or box. I think I also had a piece of a soft blanket.

    Where did you get doggie? Would it be possible to get another one? I would get it for her for an early birthday present and perhaps would save some tears. Of course, there's always the chance that she would know the difference, and reject the new one, or worse, that she would need both at the same time! Let me know.

    Please give some kisses and hugs to Keilah for me; she's been through a lot of trauma what with doggie needing washed and dried.

    Love GrammaKay

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a pillow I slept with from an infant to probly the age of 10! Yes I do remember those days when mom had to wash it...Im still getting over that!! Just kidding! Jared had a little dinosaur that he dressed up and had little toys for and still won't let his brother or sister have it! Isaac and Jayni have just been attached to pacifiers as of now! We shall see!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used clean cloth diapers as my comfort as a very young child. They were white, plain and I knew there was more than one. They were my "baboos". When my mom deemed me too old for my baboos, she cut holes in them, and then washed them (making them hopelessly tattered and frayed). She showed me the baboos, and that they were all worn out and had to be thrown away. I had to be a big girl without them. I honestly thought they had worn out, until about the age of 21, when the truth was revealed. Sneaky moms!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look