Another Update

Well, I'm still here, despite not blogging for a week. :) I don't have any excuse to offer other than I didn't take time to sit down and blog. Life has slowed down some and for that I'm grateful. Our house is still on the market and we've had quite a few showings. I've kept my house cleaner than it's ever been in my life. I keep it to where I can have it spotless within two hours at the most. Usually it would be more like 1 or 1-1/2 hours to quickly tidy up. In one way I like having a really clean house. But in another way, it's kind of overrated. If I lived like this all the time, I think I would get really stressed out by continually cleaning and reminding everyone to clean up their messes. But thankfully this house on the market thing has happened at a good time in my life where I can handle it. School for David is winding down, so his days aren't as full now as he finishes up his remaining subjects. My work at church has been handed off and so I have the time to keep a tidy home and still enjoy life as a mom of four awesome kids. Speaking of kids, we can't go for long here without another installment of cute Keilah pictures. Abby likes to prop her up in the corner of the couch and give her the remote to the TV as if she were watching something. Keilah is more interested in eating the remote than anything.
Keilah is now very much into playing with toys. This is "Mr. Starr". She gets very excited when Mr. Starr (or any other toy for that matter) is brought out and hung enticingly in front of her. What you can't see here is the vigorous arm flapping and leg kicking.
The sweet taste of success! Everything goes straight to the mouth.
David still loves to play with Keilah and will often ask if he can bring her up to his room while he plays to keep him company. When she starts to get fussy after awhile, he brings her back down for a nap. It's so cute to see him excited to play with her, hold her and love on her. He had his first time of babysitting her for an hour last week. Unfortunately, she was in the midst of getting her first tooth, so she was cranky most of the time. But he handled it exceedingly well. I told him if he had to change a poopy diaper, I would pay him $2 on top of the $1 he got for watching her. He has yet to change any diapers. :)
After baths, she gets wrapped up in her bear towel. It's the cutest thing ever.
Sorry for the red eyes. I don't feel like editing those out right now. 

Keilah continues to grow and be quite tall. She's off the growth chart for her height and is at the 47% for her weight. We lovingly refer to her as our little sausage body as she looks like a scrawny little sausage link in her sleepers.
Every one else in the family is doing well. David had his first track meet on Tuesday. They've had many of them cancelled due to rain. It's sad. Last night's meet was cancelled and the one for tomorrow is cancelled already. There's supposed to be one on Monday. I see there are still chances of rain then as well. Aaron is coaching the girls track team and has also had many missed meets as well due to weather.  That makes for one sad coach.
The girls are winding down in school as well and have a lot of fun end of the year things coming on with this last month of school. Almost exactly a year ago, they started public school for the last three weeks of school to get a feel for it. Seems like such a long time ago, but yet not that long at all. 
I think that's enough of an update for now! Have a good weekend!


Comments

  1. Love the poopy-diaper babysitting bonus! Cute pix.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look