I'm Taking Over...

 Hey Everyone! It's me, Keilah. Mom hasn't written in awhile again, so I figured I had better get on here and post an update before even Grandma grows weary from the wait and stops looking for cute pictures of me. Mom claims to be busy and not have time to sit down and write a post. I don't know about that. I'm not sure what her issue is since she seems to have plenty of time to sit down and hold me all day long. 

Anyway, it's been awhile since I last wrote and a lot has changed in my life now that I'm a big 5 1/2 month old kid. A couple of weeks ago, Mom got out the coolest new toy for me. She calls it an exersaucer. I call it Heaven on Earth. Before this, I had only two different toys that I got to play with. Mr. Star and Mr. Elephant. They were small and fun, but the moment she placed me in this beauty, I was in Toy Heaven. I was surrounded by toys. It was such a glorious sight.
I didn't know which way to look 
Or which toy to eat first. 
I settled on slowly working my way around to each toy in turn and trying them all out. I have a couple of favorites, but I like to give them all a good lick. 
I think the last time I wrote you, I had discovered that I had hands. Well, now I have something even cooler. I have feet! 
They make me very happy. 
I also have fingers attached to my hands too. Sometimes I like to look at them as I experiment moving them around.
Last week, my life took another drastic turn. I think it's for the better. I was happily sitting on Dad's lap one night and then he put this glorious substance in my mouth on purpose! Usually Mom and Dad spend their days taking things out of my mouth, but this time he let me eat this stuff. What it is, I don't know. But I think I like it. They keep giving it to me every day. Sometimes the stuff they put in my mouth tastes differently from the first stuff they put in my mouth. I like the different flavors and look forward to this time each night. 
I discovered another way enjoy my pacifier. I like to put my lower lip around the outside of it while I chew on it. It never fails to make Mom laugh. 
It helped my gums feel better doing it this way while I grew two teeth. I really enjoy putting my hands in my mouth and feeling the sharpness of my two little teeth. They bring me pleasure. Another thing that still brings me pleasure is Dog. When Mom carries me to my crib, he's the first thing I reach for. I hold him tightly and together we drift off to sleep. If I'm having trouble sleeping, he has a tag near his butt and I really like to chew on that while I talk loudly about being awake. It comforts me and sometimes it helps me fall back asleep if Mom fails to come and help me find my pacifier.

I still haven't learned to self-carry yet, but I'm getting good and spinning in circles when I'm on my tummy. I'm trying really hard to make myself move, but just haven't figured out how it's done. Perhaps someday I'll get it down. Until then, I have to let everyone know that I'm displeased when they self-carry themselves away from me. If they're going to go and self-carry, then at least they should have the decency to take me along with them. 

Well, that's all for now. I hope you still stop by and read about me even when Mom doesn't write often. Write me a note to let me know how awesome I am or how you learned to self-carry. Maybe that will spur Mom on to post more about me.
Bye!
  

Comments

  1. You are super awesome and you almost rival your big brother in being "smiley" He was always so happy too ! Glad you took over from your
    "lazy" mother (ha) in writing !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Keilah,

    You are becoming quite the family journalist! Perhaps you will win the Nobel Prize for Literature someday, but I suppose you must first learn to self-carry so you can travel to accept the prize in person.

    I'm hoping that your writing will inspire your siblings to write me an email from time to time, but I'm not holding my breath.

    Thanks for going with your mom and me to the track meet. I enjoyed everything you had to say in the car on the way as well as the attention you garnered from folks in the bleachers. It is "reel grate" to be the grandmother of such a cute and popular person such as you!

    Looking forward to your next posting, Love GrammaK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keilah! Loved seeing things from your point of view! Boy, a lot happens in the life of a 5 1/2 month old. Keep up the good work, and you'll be self-carrying in no time!

    ps you are darling with that lower lip sticking out under the pacifier!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look