Almost There and Bargain of the Century!

First, I'll start off with the obligatory tummy picture since I know you have all been breathlessly awaiting the latest picture to gawk at just how far out one woman's tummy can get.  I have less than 3 1/2 weeks to go!  I just cleaned my mirror two days before this picture. It apparently didn't last long.  Grr.
Here's a picture that I had David take of me.  I'm trying to explain which button to push and how to focus the camera - hence the weird facial expression.
I am so ready to have this baby.  At my doctor appointment yesterday, he said I'm already 2 cm dilated and my cervix is all thinned out.  Yea! That makes me happy that all the random contractions I've been having have not been in vain.  Progress is happening.  As you can see, I never "drop" like other women do. I just continue to stick out farther and farther as my baby packs on the pounds.

Abby is also getting ready for baby.  I turned our dresser top into a changing table and that excited Abby.  She found a bottle that was given to us along with a baby diaper and proceeded to spend the evening feeding and caring for her little stuffed bear.  She is one delighted unit at the thought of a real life baby to love on.
And finally, the bargain of the century that I found on Wednesday.  Unfortunately, for the people of NYC who are enduring the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, a Trader Joe's truck or two were unable to complete their routes to the east coast.  Their misfortune became our fortune as our local Amish bulk foods store bought out the trucks and sold everything on them for dirt cheap.  We do not have any Trader Joe's around here, but I've always heard people raving about their stuff.  I got all of this for $22.
I know you can't tell what everything is, but some of my favorite bargains included 5 lb. bags of organic potatoes for 75 cents each.  Bags of spinach and some amazing champagne-pear vinegarette for a quarter each.  Tubs of yogurt for $1.  Fresh cheese ravioli packages for 50 cents.  It was so fun to go shopping for all this gourmet, organic stuff that I would normally not buy for so little money!  I've heard people rave about the trader joe's guacamole and they had tubs of it there for $1, so I "splurged" on it.  Now I understand what the raving is about.  Delicious!  Unfortunately, my very pregnant tummy does not like anything remotely spicy and revolts by giving me heartburn (I've turned into such a wimp), but this was so worth the heart burn. If I wasn't pregnant, I would have downed the whole tub. 

Tonight is a fun night planned with hanging out at my parents and eating their food.  I so appreciate food that I don't have to prepare.  Does anyone want to be my personal chef for the next several weeks?  You would have to be on clean-up duty as well.  You might as well clean up the rest of the house for me while you're at it. 

Does anyone have any fun weekend plans?  
Any Trader Joe fans out there

Comments

  1. We have Trader Joe's here in Raleigh. I love their hummus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so dang cute. I told Aaron that judging from these pictures I'm pretty sure you don't look pregnant at all from behind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be very glad to do some cooking for you, as well as helping with housework. Let me know what suits ... :) - MomK

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look