Thanksgiving Blog

I spent the day at my parents house for Thanksgiving and my mother reminded me that it had been awhile since my last update.  I agreed.  Rather than overwhelm you with the various tidbits of my life since I last blogged, I'll try to keep it short.  I have included two pictures of various writings that occurred this past week.  The first is from Abby.  She has inherited my small mouth (as did Ana), and had to have two teeth pulled this past week to make room for her two grown up teeth that were trying to squeeze in.  There was considerable anxiety about the whole procedure going in to it.  That evening, she dictated a note to Ana to write to the tooth fairy.
It reads: (and I'll use the correct spelling - as Ana still spells pretty phonetically) "Dear Tooth Fairy (which ever one you are), Can you please give me a little extra money because I was scared at the dentist office?  Abby."  Those are her two teeth laying there on the note, in case you were wondering what those things were.  You should be aware that in our house, the tooth fairy gives a bonus on any day you lose two teeth, so she was already going to get the two-teeth-in-a-day bonus.  The tooth fairy wrote her back that night and told her that she didn't bring along any extra money that night, but will try to stop by at a later date and leave a little something extra under her pillow sometime. 

The second note was a card that the girls made for me this past week.  A few weeks ago, I somehow managed to throw my back out and have been in considerable pain for a while.  They decided to make me a get well card.
It reads: "Dear Mom, Please get better soon!  We want you better because you are the best Mom in the world!  Love, Ana and Abby.  We love you so much!" 
I told them that was one of the best cards I've ever gotten and that I planned on keeping it forever.  That inspired Abby to spend the next hour making card after card for me.  I had quite the stack from her.

My gimpy back made me decide to stay home this year for Thanksgiving instead of travel to Indiana with the rest of the family.  The thought of sitting for six hours was not at all inspiring to me.  So I am home alone for a few days.  I've decided to look at it as a little personal retreat.  I can do as I please whenever I desire for the next few days.  Yea!  So far it's been fun and enjoyable.  I'm still trying to get some things done around here, but making sure I mix in a little fun along the way so it's not all about catching up on work.  A bad back has made me choose what I do carefully and many things have gotten put on the back burner for the time being.  But I spent most of the day today at my parents and definitely felt relaxed all day.  Tomorrow I'll get more things done, but today was a do-nothing sort of day.  Definitely need those every once in awhile!

So tell me about anything fun you've done for Thanksgiving - talk to me!  I need some human interactions!

Also: what amount of money does the tooth fairy give at your house? Or when you were growing up? -our tooth fairy does 50 cents per tooth with a 50 cent bonus for two teeth in one day.  I think growing up we were a quarter.

Comments

  1. Really touching cards....almost as good as the ones you use to give me (and still do) And I am sure you must be wrong....if my memory serves me right...I am SURE it was a $10 bill...at least !!!!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...doesn't seem the tooth fairy visited our house when Tom had two teeth pulled back in September (not on the same day). I wonder if the tooth fairly will need to pay interest for being so remiss? Perhaps the tooth fairy should make a visit tonight be spared a fine or further consequences...

    Kay

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look