Week Two

We're nearing the end of week two of school. I think I'm liking our new schedule.  It makes sure that we keep in the "fun" stuff instead of feeling too tired and lethargic after lunch.  David is the only one who still has school work to do after lunch and I can just sit down and help him or get some things done until he needs me for a question or two.  Yea for kids getting older and more independent!  The kids all seem to be adjusting to our new schedule and are enjoying their one on one time with me and I don't feel like I'm being pulled in three different directions at once.  They are all learning to not interrupt my one on one time and to hold their questions on a particular item until it's their turn.  I wish I would have done this earlier!  At least I'm learning now.

We have had two monarchs emerge this past week.  The first one, our rogue caterpillar, emerged on a day we were gone.  We came home to find his little spot under the cabinet had been abandoned with no monarch in sight.  It wasn't until evening that Abby found him happily (or maybe not so happily) perched beside her bed.  He was taken to safety.  Now we just have two more to go. Here's monarch #2.
In art time, we've been learning about primary colors.  Yesterday, they were given just the primary colors and told to paint a rainbow.  Painting is always fun.  Here is David at work on his rainbow.
Abby's is on the left (she needed help with figuring out what colors to mix).  Ana's is on the right.
We decided on art days that we would indulge ourselves a little in the morning.  They get to choose between tea, hot chocolate or coffee (really it's mainly milk, some sugar, and a tiny bit of coffee for flavoring) to sip as we do art.  Ana woke up very excited on art morning because she knew she would get something special for art class.  She chose tea.  David did too.  Abby went for coffee with me.  I'm thinking we'll greatly enjoy this tradition on cold wintry days.  Right now it's too hot to want to drink anything hot - the girls are back outside playing with their little dolls in their homemade swimming pools.  I think I hear David joining in on the fun too.  Playing in water helps keep them cool!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look