I Did Not Die

So perhaps you were thinking I had died or something since I haven't posted in awhile.  I want to assure you that I am alive and well.  Life got pretty busy this past little while, so blogging took a back seat for the time.  One of the biggest (and most fun) things that happened just this last weekend was getting to be at my lovely sister's wedding.  Here is the beautiful couple (my sister definitely got the beauty genes in the family!)

Here is their family with five beautiful girls!

My brother's wife was able to fly out from VA and be the wedding photographer.  She does AMAZING pictures.  If you are ever in the market for pictures that make you look like you should be in a magazine check out Keesha at RubySky Photography! (plus when you check out her website, you'll hear one my favorite bands ever, but more on that later!).  Here is Keesha working her magic.
The wedding was outdoors at their house.  They had rented a big tent canopy for the ceremony/reception.  The wedding took place on their front porch while we all watched from their lawn.  Unfortunately, I don't have pictures (are you really surprised?) of any of the cool handmade decorations that Stacey did.  Once Keesha posts them on her blog, I'll link it for you to enjoy.  If you scroll back up to the family picture, Stacey made all the girls' dresses.  All five served as bridesmaids. My brother also came out for the wedding.  He did not travel with his talented wife, because he was travelling with awesome band The Steel Wheels.  They performed for the wedding reception and a bit during the wedding too.  That's the band you hear playing in the background of Keesha's website above.  Check out their link and enjoy their music!  Here is a picture of me and the siblings.

My part in the wedding was helping with the desserts.  I don't have a cool photography business, nor am I in an awesome band, but I do know how to bake!  Here are my tubs of goodies before I left home to help Stacey with getting things ready for the wedding.  She also made some cake pops to go with everything.  And when I say "some", I mean more than you can imagine one person making.  I had never heard of cake pops before until she told me of them.  They are little balls of cake on a popsicle stick, covered in chocolate or vanilla coating and decorated with sprinkles, icing drizzles or whatever you desire.  A huge amount of work!  They were amazingly beautiful (like all the things she made).  We had more than enough dessert, for which I was thankful - you don't want to run out of food at a wedding.  We've been enjoying the leftover cookies and bars here at home. 
That was one highlight of the weekend.  The following night, The Steel Wheels performed here nearby.  It was a great concert that was very well attended.  I love watching them perform and always feel quite a bit of sisterly pride as my watch my big bro do his thing on stage (he's the upright bass player).  So that's enough for now. 
What's something cool that you've done while I was away from blogging?

Comments

  1. Of course my cool thing was going to the same wedding as you. But Not working like you did to help get ready. The last few nights I have not been able to sleep as I keep replaying the wonderful wedding in my mind and also the terrific band hi-lights over and over....plus I am probably too full of your wonderful cookies, etc. It was a great wedding and a great concert and you were so nice to help Stacey how you could.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you should let people know that the pictures you posted above of the wedding party were NOT taken by Keesha of RubySky Photography but most by me (the mama). I do not want to give RubySky a bad name. Hers are SO MUCH better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look