I brought my camera...

... but didn't take any pictures.  Last week, the kids and I took a little trip out to visit friends and family in Indiana.  I had a great time.  Here are things I could have taken pictures of, but failed to do so:
  • visiting Aaron's grandma
  • visits with Grandma Kay & Grandpa Tom (Aaron's folks) and their cute little apartment
  • 1st birthday party of my only niece on Aaron's side
  • very delicious family meals
  • staying with Aaron's aunt
  • visiting with several good friends
  • eating ice cream
  • making noodles for the first time
  • fun vehicle trips to and from Indiana
I decided if I ever need a retreat time, I will go to Indiana now that Aaron's folks are out there.  I arrived and dropped my kids off for several days.  I popped in and out for meals and to say good morning and good night to the kids.  There is enough family out there now for the kids to be spoken for most days.  We did one day of school while "on vacation".  I hung out with friends I hadn't seen for some time.  It was great.  My friend Kim and I watched movies in the middle of the day and ate ice cream in the morning (!).  She just had her firstborn baby last month, so I got lots of baby snuggle time.  We also took a nice enjoyable walk together. I also had fun making homemade noodles with another longtime friend from when I lived in Indiana long ago.  It was so relaxing and enjoyable spending the week relating with friends and family. 

What did you do while I was gone?  Be sure to check back in over the next few days for posts with actual pictures!

Comments

  1. The camera thing seems to be a family trait. I take it everywhere and never hardly take a picture...sigh ! What did I do while you were gone...had withdrawal from your daily emails !!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look