A little glimpse of life

We'll start off the day with a cute little video of Scarlet singing to you. I was prepping for a piano lesson and was getting the chords written down for this song when Scarlet starting singing along. It was so cute that I wanted a video of it. Enjoy!
The snow is mostly melted now except for some leftover piles, but we finally had a very nice amount of snow the last few weeks. The girls and I enjoyed a fun afternoon of sledding one of the days. Scarlet learned to enjoy the joys of playing in it. I found a number of really cute little snow angels around the yard.
I've been training for a half-marathon coming up this spring. My running adventure buddy Jamie and I had a fun run a couple of Saturdays ago. It had recently snowed and we took a small dirt road that hadn't been plowed with the fresh snow. We had to stop and make a few snow angels of our own.
It's a lot harder than it looks to run through 6-8 inches of snow. My prints are the ones on the right, and no, I wasn't drunk. I just kept slipping and loosing my footing. It appears Jamie is a better runner than me in snow. 
An extremely rare truce between Forest and Scarlet. They rarely snuggle together because they can't keep their hands and paws to themselves and irritate each other constantly. I needed a picture of this because it so rarely happens. 
I have another plant to join Glenda in my quest to keep a houseplant alive for a year. This is an avocado plant that we grew from a pit. I named him Mitchell. Hopefully he will survive. Glenda right now is living in my kitchen window because she is irresistible to Forest. I think if my cat kills the plant, it shouldn't count against me. 
I am in full blown organize my life mode. This is my April calendar. Anything in red is a track meet for either me, Ana, or David. There are some very busy weeks ahead for our family and so I am trying to get life under control so I don't feel so overwhelmed once April hits. I am working on organizing meals, house cleaning, snacks, childcare, meet arrangements, and our regular activities for church. Organization does not come naturally to me, so I have to work much harder than those organized types who can do this in their sleep. I figure if I start now, I can keep the chaos to a minimum and have fun in the process. One step at a time. 
Since we will be on the road so much either at our own meets or watching other meets, I'm trying to figure out some semi-healthy food options for all of us to grab and go instead of relying on fast food after meets and/or concession stand food. Using that here and there is okay, but with the amount of time we'll not be at home, we need to find some other options too. David and Ana especially will need some higher quality food to help them run their best. I experimented today with some quick little energy bites. Some chocolate chips were thrown in to make it fun, but I wouldn't have to use them, or as many. This was just a trial run. So far we all like them. Peanut butter, ground flax, and protein powder is what is holding it all together.
And my embarrassing picture for the day. My fish tank. It was getting out of control since our little snail Bobby died and there was no one left to eat the algae. It was getting hard to see the fish behind the wall of green. So I finally got some algae eaters. I got two since they don't always live super long in my experience. We always name our cleaner fish Thelonious (David came up with that). I think this is our fifth Thelonious in about three years. But I got two of them this time. So since one is bigger than the other, we have Thelonious Major and Thelonious Minor. They have a lot of eating to do. This is Thelonious Major pictured. Minor is somewhere within.  
And there you have an update on life. I'm still working on my challenges for the year. I'm just don't have everything ready to post yet. Stay tuned for more!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Abby's New Look

Triplets Nine Years Apart