Meet Glenda - 2/40

Time is ticking. I told you that in honor of my upcoming 40th birthday in August, I plan to do 40 Small Adventures (or Things I've Always Wanted To Do) to help celebrate this milestone. There are 33 weeks until my birthday, so I need to get busy! Let me introduce you to Adventure #2. Her name is Glenda.
I'm the world's worst potted plant tender ever. I love to work in my vegetable garden outside and do a fairly good job of growing our food. But put a plant in a pot and I will neglect it until it dies - even if it's right in front of my nose. So Adventure #2 is to keep Glenda alive until at least my birthday. She joined our family two days ago. Our cat Forest is trying to become well acquainted with her in a manner that does not bode well for her survival. I will try to remember to post occasional updates on Glenda as the year progresses.

We had a great Christmas and New Year's. It was bitterly cold here over the holidays, but we still enjoyed our time together. The girls went on a very brief Christmas run. Ana wore a Santa hat and Abby dressed up as Rudolph. She crocheted her little nose hat and made cute little antlers. Last year, Abby and a friend developed a little business at school taking orders for nose hats that she invented. They were quite the rage for about three days. :)
These are my traditional New Year's Eve snacks that need to happen to bring in the new year: spinach-artichoke dip with vegetables, taco dip with chips, caramel corn, and Vanilla Coke. I rarely ever buy pop, and only ever buy my favorite vanilla Coke so I can drink one on New Year's Eve. The kids like that tradition. I think I still have one can left in the fridge. Not sure when I'll get around to drinking it.
Scarlet loves to take pictures and videos on the ipad when she can't figure out how to unlock it. The camera will open without a password, so it's often amusing to go wade through the pictures and videos she takes while I am unaware. She discovered how to use the filters and loves making silly pictures of herself. 


Occasionally, the results are a bit creepy.

Anyway, that's all for now. I'll be posting again soon with Adventure #3!

I'm still taking ideas for my 40 things as I don't have all my slots filled up yet. What sounds like fun to try? Write a comment and let me know!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look