3/40 - Fruits and Vegetables

Adventure #3 this year is to do a three day fruit and vegetable fast. I'm looking for a little boost to kicking my addiction to sugar and mindless snacking. For the most part, I eat mostly healthy much of the time. I do enjoy sugar though and would like to cut down on my consumption of it. So taking three days to eat only fruits and vegetables isn't super hard. My only complaint is not drinking my morning coffee. It's a delightful part of my morning routine and I'm sad to not have it. I drank tea this morning and it just wasn't the same.
Happily, I'm not alone on my three day adventure. I knew I could count on my good friend and adventure buddy Jamie to join me these three days. But what surprised us is that our husbands are joining us! Yea! I forgot to take a picture of my beautiful lunch salad that I created (yes we are allowing a few nuts and seeds), so you have to settle for a picture of Aaron's salad that I made for him on his lunch. I told him I was making some soup for supper tonight and he was happy to hear that. He said he got tired of chewing during lunch. 
So obviously since I am making soup, we are not just eating raw fruits and veggies. We are also allowing minimal oil for cooking and flavor along with natural seasonings like herbs and a bit of salt. I'm looking forward to completing this challenge. I've become aware today of just how much I mindlessly reach for easy food at the first twinge of hunger. Hopefully I can be more mindful of my eating practices and make some better choices down the road with this kick start.

Have you ever done a fruit and vegetable fast? I'm curious as to how it went. Drop me a comment and let me know!

Comments

  1. Coffee is made from a bean- that is a vegetable. It is full of antioxidants.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look