Catching up with my picture backlog from summer

Here's a post to catch you up on some pictures in my life. We'll start with something recent and then move back to a time when life was warmer. Aaron and I below enjoyed an evening with friends and ugly Christmas sweaters last week. We had a great time together celebrating all the upcoming birthdays and anniversaries.
The whole group decked out in their finery. 
Now back to summer! My peach tree produced peaches again this year. Not like my over abundant first year of peach production, but enough to give us a lovely taste of deliciousness. This year's peaches were huge. The peach on the right is a normal large peach. Most of my peaches were softball sized like the one on the left. So delicious! 
Cousins came in summer and we had a great time with them. The kids spent a few nights sleeping at our house and they all transformed our livingroom into a huge fort for everyone to sleep in each night. I loved hearing all the giggles and fun that was going on. We went to a nearby lake for swimming one day. There was a mud pit on part of the shore. What fun! 
This picture is so Abby. 
Ana spent a lot of time digging. 
She also made a little pool for Keilah to play in. Keilah was a little uncertain about all that open water, but felt very safe within the confines of her little pool. It was perfect! 
Sunbathing in mud water. :) 
She invited herself over to Ana's mudhole for a change of venue. 
We went to the county fair one day with another cousin and friend. The girls entered the hula hooping contest. Abby did quite well, but didn't quite win.  
Keilah had a phase of wanting to take everyone to the "dentist's house" for awhile. She'd make a bed, cover you with a blanket of any sort (towel), pretend to brush your teeth, read a book to you, make you go to sleep, and any other idea that struck her fancy. Here Aaron is her patient. 
Garden tomatoes. How I miss thee. I was tired of them by September and October, but now that I've had a few months without them, I miss them. Here's a huge one from my garden. 
Opened up the school cupboard and found Bob relaxing. 
I had an abundance of butternut squash from the garden. We drew a face on one for Keilah and wrapped it in a blanket. She played with that squash baby for a long time. She would carry it around, kiss and hug it, talk to it, and then put it back to bed with the other squash.  
We then began drawing faces on most of our squash just for fun. Ana came up with my favorite one, cleverly using a bad spot. 
Cross country donut party. Homemade donuts and fresh apple cider after an early morning long run. I made WAY too many. Apparently not everyone eats like David early in the morning. 
Bob is smart. He sometimes leaves notes hanging on the bathroom door for his master (David). This one reads, "Dear Master, My box of poop and pee stinks. Will you please clean it out? I promise to not vomit on your pillow. Thanks. I love you. Bob."  
Trick or treating time - Abby went as a cross country runner. :) What a good girl! She looked so much like Ana dressed in her running garb. I think she felt like a grown up kid too. We even made her a fake running bib number to wear. 
Ana made herself a costume from a video game - Legends of Zelda. She is Link here. She drew and painted her own sheild. 

Ana threw together a quick costume for Keilah. A cute little helmet, a "K-Keilah" shield, and sword. She was quite pleased.
Birthday time for my now THREE year old! Keilah wanted a "chicken cake" just like last year. Okay. I aim to please. Her very best friend Gloria came over to help celebrate.

The cake was a success! 
Present opening time. My Little Pony gifts made her super happy.  
And now we are caught up with pictures. Have a great day! 



Comments

  1. OH! The squash baby just cracks me up! Looks like tons of fun at your house. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look