Turns out it wasn't such a good idea...

It had been awhile since Keilah's dog had a bath, so I had the brilliant idea of having Keilah help with putting Dog in the washer for his bath. It was all fun and games until the door closed and beloved Dog was now trapped inside the machine. Not even Back-up Dog could bring comfort.
Am I a mean mom for documenting her anguish instead of rushing to comfort her? 
She was soon distracted by eating lunch and only cried a little bit here and there for then next while whenever she saw the washer and remembered that Dog was in there. Once Dog was all clean, their reunion was sweet and joyful. Lesson learned - continue to sneak Dog into the washer while Keilah is unaware.

Comments

  1. That is a much better story than what I thought it was. I thought her finger was caught in the door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought her finger was caught in the door, too. When she is older she will appreciate the Dog was kept clean throughout the years. I have a feeling they're going to be buddies for a very long time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were beginning to wonder about you as a caring mother !!!! I too thought it looked like we had a finger caught in the door and instead of helping her....you had to say " Wait a minute" and go hunt all over the house for your camera to document her pain and anguish !!!! I take back all the bad thoughts I had of you !!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too thought for a moment that her finger was caught in the door, but knew you'd take care of that before taking a photo! Thanks for explaining :) GrammaKay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you have to sneak doggie into the dryer when Keilah wasn't watching? - K -

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look