Overdue

I was reminded last night by some friends that I have not posted anything new on the ol' blog for a few weeks.  Hmm... I guess it's time to post something.  I have posted many things in my mind over the last few weeks, but obviously none of those posts have made it from my mind to the internet.  So here we go in a random, no particular order, with bullet points, post about what's been rolling around my mind.
  • I survived my 21 day vegan diet with my mom.  It really wasn't as hard as I thought it would be (though I did cheat once with ice cream).  My mom lost about 11 pounds.  I lost about 3 1/2. 
  • We took about three weeks off and ate a little more normal (i.e. lots more ice cream).  I'm going back on it for another three weeks or so again with her again.  I might not be ultra strict, but when I have the choice, I'll choose vegan again.  But I'm positive this won't be a permanent lifestyle change for me.
  • Life skills week in school was fun.  We'll have to do that again when I'm tired of doing school as usual.
  • David grew 3/4" in two weeks.  I haven't measured him since I did two weeks ago.  It may be more since then.  Our feet are almost the same size.  I can fit in his shoes and they are only a little tight.  And I have big feet.
  • Ana is taking a sewing class and learning to make a quilt.  She is in heaven.
  • Ana was given a huge pile of hand-me-down clothes that are very lovely and girly.  Abby has decided she can skip her current size of clothing and go right ahead into Ana's size so she can wear all the beautful, sparkly clothes now too instead of waiting to grow into them.  This includes the beautiful sparkly dress shoes that are two sizes too big for her.
  • I'm still running - slowly increasing my time and distance.  It feels good to start being in a little bit better shape every week.
  • Aaron is still the man of my dreams.
  • I found my first spring flower in my yard today.  That makes me happy.  Really happy.
  • Spring is almost here!  Again, much happiness going on in my mind over that one.
  • Apples with peanut butter have been my go-to snack of choice for the last while.  Pancakes with homemade wild raspberry jam have been my breakfast of choice lately. 
  • I'm looking forward to yardwork season, but haven't thought about what I want to plant in my garden yet.
  • Aaron and I are becoming big fans of The Office.  We're a little late to the cult following, but we're enjoying it greatly when we have a chance to sit down and watch it together.
  • I really like to read.
  • My dishes need to be done.  Anyone wanting to help? 
I think that is all for now.  I have pictures on my camera to download - I took about 8 pictures since I last posted, aren't you proud of me?  I'll work on getting them here in the near future.  I need to go and do my dishes now since no one has offered to do them for me.  Have a great weekend!

Comments

  1. I'll do your dishes if you bring them here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can also bring your dishes to your mama's and put them in the dishwasher while we catch up on a long needed visit. The ball is in your court now !!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look