We Made It!

We made it! We survived track season and graduation season and had a lot of fun along the way! I'm sorry I didn't post anything during that time. I was working on doing life well and I had to pare down extra things during the season so I could focus on the things that matter most to me. So, now it's time to catch back up and do a mini-recap of our busy season.

One of Ana's big excitements right as track began was getting her braces off. She had them on for just a bit over a year. Here are her teeth before braces.
Notice the molar growing inward below. 
And one year later, she has a beautiful, straight smile! 


Scarlet would occasionally set up a little welcome home display for me after a Saturday long run. Here she set this up by the door so I would see it when I came in. My glasses, my phone, a penny, some chocolate, and a love note. It made me smile. 
 Ana loves tiny things. Including tiny food. We found baby bananas while shopping one day. So of course we had to buy some. She was a very happy girl.
I continue to find bizarre pictures of Scarlet on my ipad. 
Abby turned 12 in May so we had to celebrate. On the day of her actual birthday, we had a night at home, so we had a small celebration as a family. She had her friends over the following day for an ice cream sundae party and all of her favorite foods. For our family night, we enjoyed some cupcakes and presents. 
Yes, I wrap presents like a three year old.  
Singing to Abby. 
Sometimes you play so hard, you fall asleep in the midst of your play. 
Track season was fun. It was also difficult to navigate three separate track schedules (David, Ana's, and my middle school team that I coach) Aaron was an assistant to all three of those teams. So we tried to divide ourselves to make sure we could watch our kids at least some of the time at their meets while trying to maintain a bit of normalcy at home. Here is David running the 3200.
Ana running the 4x800
Ana's 4x800 team qualified for the state meet. Here she is anchoring the relay to a first place finish at the state qualifying meet. She would prefer to run the pure distance races, but on her team are two of the fastest girls in the state in those distances so this year, she had to be content to run the shorter races. One of the girls graduated this year, so she will have a chance of running the distance stuff more next year. That will make her happy.
 The girls team before they headed off to the state weekend.
 A bunch of parents make these awesome signs for the front of the school for the kids who make it to state. I'm impressed by all they do. Each event got their own sign. Here's Ana's 4x800 team.
My girls.  
 Scarlet was sad that I didn't buy her a pink state shirt like everyone else had on the team. Abby came to the rescue and repurposed one of her old pink softball shirts. Scarlet was very happy then.

The next big exciting thing to happen during the state weekend was David's graduation! We brought Ana home from the state meet on Friday night to celebrate David's high school graduation. He graduated with academic honors. We're super proud of him. 
Which brings us to this past Friday when we held David's graduation party. It was a fun night and we loved having friends from many parts of his life come and celebrate with him.  
 His athletic display table
 His music and academic display table.
 My favorite son!
It was a super busy spring, made extra busy with all the graduation stuff mixed in with the usual track stuff. We survived it. I'm glad that I did all that prep work and planning sessions. It made everything run smoothly and I was able to enjoy the season without feeling too stressed out.
Below is a picture of most of my middle school track team at the conclusion of our conference (final) meet. Both 7th and 8th grade teams were conference champs (fifth year in a row now!) They were also 8th grade state champs and 7th grade runner-up at state. It was a fun season and I'm super proud of those girls. This picture is kind of how I feel right now about the past two and a half months. Yes, we did it! And we had fun in the process!
And just so you know, I haven't forgotten about my 40 challenges for turning 40 this year. I will be posting soon about some happenings and things I am working on currently, so stay tuned!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Abby's New Look

Triplets Nine Years Apart