Has it really been that long?

January 25. That was the date of my last post. Now it is May 25. Four months have flown by and I did not post anything. It's not that I didn't have time. I did. I guess I had other things to do. Track season came and went for both Aaron and me. We had fun with it. I felt a little more comfortable in the responsibility of it. I still have a great coach working with me that I am learning from. If I can become half as good of a coach as he is, then I'll be doing well. School is over for Ana. David has another day. Abby has two days left. I didn't feel quite as drained by the end of the year as I sometimes have in the past. I still have to silence my inner critic when I try to feel like I'm failing at teaching my kids because I'm not doing it all perfectly. As if any of us do. So obviously a whole lot has happened in four months, but I won't bore you with it all. Here are a few snapshots into our lives lately since January.

Keilah adores all things My Little Pony, so I was excited when I found MLP undies - hoping that it would excite her to wear them and desire to be potty trained. She was very excited to wear them - just not in the way I had hoped.
I found Ana randomly reading in the kitchen like this. I think she takes after David and all his odd reading poses. 
Ana loves tiny things. She created this elf breakfast one day when she had a friend come over. The "donuts" are individually frosted cheerios with sprinkles. The eggs are melted white chocolate with a yellow M&M for the yolk. I love her creativity! 
I had to throw this ribbon away. It was fraying and the individual strings were very hard to see. Several times we would hear Keilah screaming around the house as if she was dying. It was one of those blood-curdling you better run and find out what ogre is eating your child type of screams. I would find her standing in one place staring at this ribbon screaming in terror. Turns out those little invisible strings that were fraying attached to your socks as you passed by and then this ribbon would chase you as if it were alive. 
Absolutely terrifying. 
Keilah loves reading books. Makes my heart happy. 
Bundt Cake. I will never look at them the same again. We entered the Run Your Bundt Off relay race this spring. The five of us (Keilah was not part of this) had to each run a 1K, eat a piece of cake, and then the next relay person would go. Once everyone had run their part, we had to finish off this incredibly dense, sickeningly sweet bundt cake to be declared the winner. 
We didn't back away from the challenge and Team Fleming won! We all felt sick, skipped lunch, and only the girls ate much supper - they didn't eat as much of it as the rest of us did. Ugh. 
All dressed up for church, complete with "adorable". Now that the weather is getting warmer, she doesn't wear her hat quite as much. But she still wears it more that you would think you would want to wear a stocking cap. It's kind of her trademark now. 
Another creation of Ana's. Mini-hamburgers for April Fool's Day. The buns are Nilla wafers, peppermint patties are the hamburgers, colored coconut for lettuce, and frosting for cheese.  
Celebrating Easter at my parent's house. Keilah really enjoyed her Easter egg hunt. She went on three this year and by the end was a regular old pro. 
Checking out her loot. 
This chocolate bunny delighted her. I let her eat as much as she wanted in order to get it all over with. She ate her fill and then didn't want the rest of it. 
We dyed an extra large Easter egg. Abby was very delighted to discover it was a double yolk. 
The girls invited the family and a few friends to another ball at Golden Bunnicornia. We all dressed up and took joy in the snacks offered and the delightful entertainment. 
Keilah was unattended while eating her yogurt one day. She ended up with white gloves.  
Abby celebrated her birthday a few weeks ago. I made her a bunny cake since she loves bunnies.  
She was very excited to eat the head. 
More of Ana's small creations. She loves to make people out of nature. They are often quite adorable and creative. She takes pictures of them all, as each one is different. 

Definitely her father's daughter here. We came home one day to find her sorting out her large pile of Nerds that she had been stockpiling. It made Aaron feel very happy. Keilah thinks Nerds are frogs. :) 
Keilah is also entering the phase of boycotting naps. It's a tough age as she is then super cranky later on in the day. She will also randomly fall asleep around the house when she gets too tired. Right now I still have her going to her room for rest time. Unfortunately, she often gets herself into trouble while up there as she plays with the girls things that she shouldn't be playing with. 
Aaron and I are currently on sabbatical. Right now we are in the phase of being completely disengaged from our former life - so we have lots of free time to rest, relax, and refresh. It's been awfully fun. We are home most nights now, so there is plenty of time for family fun. Ticket to Ride is a family favorite.  
There is usually all sorts of silliness going on during game nights. 
The silliness is overwhelming. 
But I surely do love my family of goofballs. 
So there is our somewhat abbreviated update. I will do my best to be a little more frequent with my posts now this summer! We have a lot of things we are looking forward to.  Remember to sign up at the top to suscribe by email. That way if I do wait another four months to post you will know when it happens!

Comments

  1. I did not realize how very very very creative Ana is. That is a art in itself. Tell her I love it. Grandma Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look