Last Days of Warm Weather

Now that snow is on the ground and the temperatures haven't gotten above freezing for awhile, I've been holed up in my cozy little home. Below are a few pictures of our last few days of lovely fall weather. I tried to do a few things to take advantage of going outside without 23 layers to put on myself and Keilah. Below, Keilah and I spent some time at the park so she could go down the slides nonstop.


After awhile, she finally tired of slides and decided to ride each of these three horses. She needed help getting on each one. After being placed on the horse, she would rock it maniacally for approximately 5 seconds before getting off and wanting on the next one. We did that for quite awhile as we worked on the colors. "Blue Horse" "Yellow Horse" "White Horse" 
Halloween came and went and we had a fun time. Aaron was off at State Cross Country, so I took the girls out trick or treating. Ana tried to dress up as Princess Zelda from a video game she likes (Legends of Zelda). Abby was a Ninja and Keilah dressed up as a Bumblebee (Bum-be-be-be-be-be, as Keilah calls it). Before heading out around town, we took a quick trip to visit my Grandma so she could see the girls all dressed up. They even got their first candy of the night there. 
Keilah liked the getting candy part. What she didn't like is the cold. She was wearing many layers, but absolutely refused to let me put gloves on her. She would scream, flail, and fling them off anytime they got near her hands. Sigh. So eventually her hands got too cold to have fun and so I took her home and had Ana and Abby continue without me as they had not gotten their fill of candy yet. 
David's high school did a food drive for our local food pantries, and so he bought a bunch of peanut butter to donate. Keilah made this tower all by herself and was very pleased with herself over it. 
The day before the weather turned into winter, it was gorgeous. I took advantage of that glorious day to get all the rest of my yardwork finished for the year. Keilah had a great time being outside and playing in the leaves before I mulched them up for my garden and then burned the rest. 



The girls made a HUGE leaf pile out under our tree. I was wondering where they were getting so many leaves until I found them and the neighborhood children carting the leaves from the nearby park to our house. I put an end to that as it's enough work to deal with my own leaves as it is without dealing with the city's leaves. They all had fun jumping out of the tree into the pile - well Keilah didn't jump from the tree, but she did have a lot of fun making the leaves go "crunch". 


Once I got the leaves gathered and started burning them, we decided it was necessary to make s'mores one last time. So we enjoyed some s'mores while I worked on burning up our leaves. The girls thought that was awesome.  
Keilah has now overcome her fear of mittens and lets me put them on her now. However once mittens are on her hands, her hands become useless. She doesn't think they are available to be used, so she's often found holding things with her arms while her mittened hands are splayed out awkwardly in an attempt to not use them. Her she is posing for you with her mittens and "adorable" on her head. 
And finally a little video fun from our last warm day of fall. You can see Ana almost kicking Keilah in the head as Keilah walks by unaware of her surroundings. You will also hear her famous words at the end of the video, "No! Stop it!" I hear those words daily. I guess it's good she's learning to say what she likes and doesn't like.
Enjoy your wintery weather! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look