End of Summer Doings

Today is orientation day for all 6th graders and 9th graders. Since I have one of each, I sent two kids off to school today to explore their new buildings. Technically, David is still homeschooled, but he is taking a few elective courses at the high school, so he is going to the orientation day today to figure out where everything is and what is expected of him during his classes there. So it's just Abby, Keilah and me here today. Abby starts school tomorrow. 
Since summer is winding down, here are a few pictures of things we have been up to (when I remember to take pictures). 
Corn! A friend of mine gave me a whole pile of corn to deal with. It was awesome. I'm sorry if you don't have such awesome friends. All you need to do is give me sweet corn in the summer and we can be best friends forever. 
David turned 14 a few weeks ago. How can this possibly be true? I don't feel old enough to have a child that old and grown up! We had a low key celebration that day. I made a number of his favorite foods and since he's been wanting a cat for a long time, we gave him a cat for his birthday. Here it is. 
Kale salad. David's almost all time favorite food. Yeah, I know. What teenage boy gets super excited when kale salad shows up on the dinner table? Mine! 
Blowing out 14 birthday candles on his birthday dessert of choice - a layered pudding dessert. So easy, so delicious, and so free of trying to decorate it! 
I too, like to climb on the table and pretend to go night-night on the empty cookie tub. Doesn't everyone? 
Keilah loves to help me do laundry. She "helps" put the laundry from the washer into the dryer. Apparently she was all out of clothes that day. 
Okay, so we weren't really that mean of parents to just give David a picture of a cat for his birthday. It was only a representation of the real thing until we traveled to my sister's cat store to have David pick out a cat to own. My sister is having a small issue with too many cats at her place, so we did our part of take care of one of them. Just a few from the choices available. If anyone else wants a kitten that is friendly and cute, let me know. I can hook you up!
David and the lucky winner. 
Meet Bob. 
David got to name him. The girls requested that his middle name be Cat. So officially, he is Bob Cat Fleming. 
Keilah loves Bob and greets him very enthusiastically every morning. So far she is doing well with not killing Bob, and Bob seems tolerant of her as well. We've only had to rescue him a few times from a strangle hold when Keilah tries to hold him by his neck. Everyone else is enjoying the cute antics of a kitten too. 
And that's the end of our summer! I hope you all are having a great last few days of summer as well!

Comments

  1. I love the kitties name! Why didn't I think of that! I know life isn't all fun and games at your house- I heard some pretty serious crying going on yesterday! Was that when you rescued the kitty? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, that was when Keilah was shut out of a room that she REALLY wanted to be in. :) And then she fell down to add injury to insult.

      Delete
  2. Ahhhh...Bob "Cat" is very cute. Wish I could have another one.but the allergies...oh well if Bob does not act as cute as he appears to be now....he will probably join the other two you gave us. Carcus and Doggie ! Glad you let David name Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated birthday to David! We were busy celebrating 16 years - of marriage - that week. 14 and 16 years are both hard to say! Love you guys. Happy Bob Cat-ting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about your husband? I know he's always up to some spirited hijinks. Let us know what that charming, crazy guy is up to!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Tribute To My Mom

Triplets Nine Years Apart

Abby's New Look